jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit caching?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:41:44 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Michael Harris
<michael.e.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does jackrabbit do any caching?

It does quite a bit of caching, but there's an efficient cache
invalidation mechanism that prevents clients from seeing stale
content.

> I have  a webapp running in weblogic backed by JR  When I use a utility,
> OUTSIDE of the webapp to add a file, I cannot see the file until i redeploy
> the app.

How are you accessing the repository? You need to use RMI or the
WebDAV layer to access a running repository from an external
application.

Based on your description I suspect that you are creating another
Jackrabbit instance that accesses the same underlying file system
and/or database as the instance you have in your webapp. This is not a
good idea...

BR,

Jukka Zitting