jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forcing a cluster synch
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2008 20:26:01 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Micah Whitacre <mkwhitacre@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I might have found the answer to my own question with
> RepositoryImpl.getClusterNode().sync().   However the getClusterNode()
> api is only in the 1.5 SNAPSHOT and I'd prefer a solution that would
> work in both the 1.4.x code stream since the release date of 1.5 is
> unknown.  I also value anyone's opinions on whether this is the right
> approach to solving this problem.  Thoughts?

In general anything that reaches down to jackrabbit-core classes is
not recommended.

Would lowering the synchronization interval work for you? You can set
the syncDelay="nnn" attribute on the <Cluster/> configuration element
to the number of milliseconds between each subsequent synchronization.

Otherwise I think the best way to solve your issue is to add explicit
cluster synchronization as a new feature in Jackrabbit. We could do
this by exposing the sync() method in an extension interface
jackrabbit-api.

Alternatively, it would be nice to come up with some way for
Jackrabbit cluster nodes to actively push (notifications of) changes
to each other instead of or in addition to each pulling them at
configured intervals. Something to discuss at dev@...

BR,

Jukka Zitting