jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installation problem with jackrabbit webapp and oc4j
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:55:00 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:12 AM, John Eaton <john_eaton@lagan.com> wrote:
> I get the following exception when I try to browse the repository using the following
link
> http://localhost:8888/jackrabbit-webapp-1.4/repository/default/
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.jcr.JcrDavException.<init>(JcrDavException.java:111)

The NullPointerException here is caused by issue JCR-1678 [1] that's
already fixed in Jackrabbit trunk.

However, the NPE hides some other problem. It looks like the webapp is
unable to acquire a repository session. This could either be caused by
the repository not being available or by some other issue in logging
in to the repository. It could be something as simple as incorrect
credentials.

> As a side issue the welcome.jsp failed to compile as it did not recognise
> the log symbol at line 27. I just commented this line out for now.

The log method in question is expected to come from the GeneralServlet
base class, but apparently in oc4j the JspPage implementation class
does not inherit from GeneralServlet. We probably shouldn't make such
expectations in Jackrabbit. Can you please file a bug report about
this?

> Are there any other jars that I need to add to the class path for oc4j?

Adding the jcr-1.0.jar should be sufficient.

BR,

Jukka Zitting