jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sandro Boehme <sandro.boe...@gmx.de>
Subject workspace configuration for adding 1.000.000 nodes
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:22:57 GMT
Hello,

for a proof of concept I try to create 1.000.000 nodes with not more
than 300 child nodes under one node. Session.save() is called after
every 100 nodes. But after almost 500.000 nodes I get an
"OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" within a Lucene method (at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.createFakeNorms(SegmentReader.java:426)).

I use RMI to connect to a usual Jackrabbit 1.4 Tomcat installation. The
server is configured to start with export
JAVA_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx1024m" and I use the attached
configuration files.
I guess there is something wrong with my <SearchIndex/> configuration in
the workspace.xml file. But I could not find out what the problem is.
If somebody has a configuration that should be able to handle the
creation of 1.000.000 nodes I would be glad if he could send it as a
reply. Thanks in advance,

Sandro