jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Batch Operations in Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 07:13:27 GMT
Hi,

Shailesh Mangal wrote:
> thanks Stefan,
>
> We are using JTA. Our repository reads are very fast but writes are very
> slow.
>
> It takes 600-800 msec to copy one node. We are trying to find a reason
> for that. It appeared that workspace.copy() might take long.
>
> What I also noticed is that its constantly rebuilding the indexes on
> file system during the copy. Is there any way we can stop it from
> building the indexes and build them in the end?

indexing a single node should be very fast. using a default configuration the
index will do this in memory and only write a log entry.

when you say 'rebuilding the indexes' does that mean the complete index is
re-created? is there anything in the logs that might shed some more light on this?

regards
 marcel