jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: XPath and version storage
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 07:13:17 GMT
Hi,

node of type nt:version only contain the meta data of your versionable node.
e.g. when the version was created. the node that actually contains the
properties of your versionable node are on a nt:frozenNode. that's why you get
two results with your last query.

see section 8.2.2.5 of the jsr 170 specification.

regards
 marcel

Gaetano Sferra wrote:
> Hello to everyone,
>
> In my scenario I've a custom versionable node called "mynode" that has a string property
of name "my:property". Now suppose to create a new workspace adding a node of this type to
it; the workspace structure should be like this:

> jcr:root
>    +-- jcr:system
>    |           +-- jcr:versionStorage
>    +-- mynode[@my:property = 'first']
>
> Ok, everything works fine till now. Let's to change the property... we have to checkout,
modify and checkin the node; we now should have:

> jcr:root
>    +-- jcr:system
>    |           +-- jcr:versionStorage
>    +-- mynode[@my:property = 'modified']
>
> No problems at all! Good. The "jcr:versionStorage" now should hold two distinct version
of "my:node" and I wish to search for the first one, here starts the game (for me):

> //jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage[1]//element(mynode, nt:version)[1][@my:property = 'first']
--> No match
> //jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage[1]//element(mynode, nt:version)[@my:property = 'first']
--> No match
> //jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage//element(mynode, nt:version)[@my:property = 'first']
--> No match
> //element(mynode, nt:version)[@my:property = 'first'] --> No match
> //element(mynode, nt:version) --> No match
> //element(mynode, nt:base) --> Matches everything (2 entries in "jcr:versionStorage"
and 1 in "jcr:root")
> //element(mynode, nt:frozenNode) --> Matches 2 entries in "jcr:versionStorage"
>
> Looking the XPath syntax and examples in the JSR 170, the first query should work (or
maybe I missing something?!)... what's wrong? I wish to search in the "jcr:versioningStorage"
only, matching the right node and looking, as the specifications says, for a "nt:version"
node type.