jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: JCR Query Result Caching
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 07:13:05 GMT
Hi,

sbarriba wrote:
> ....if we have JCR types that are explicitly "ordered" will making the above
> change mean that all ordering is ignored? We have nodes with
> same-name-siblings which we need to be returned in the right order. Or is it
> just an issue where there is no default ordering.

if you set respectDocumentOrder to false then the default sort order of your
result will be according to their jcr:score value. if you need same name
siblings in document order then you must not set respectDocumentOrder to false.

> Has anyone actually indexed path information?

no, the path of a node is node indexed. only its relation to the parent node.
this allows a move operation in constant time (independent of the size of the
sub tree that is moved).

> We'd naively assumed limiting
> queries using jcr:path was the best way to ensure performance with large
> data sets.

path resolution performance has been improved in the current jackrabbit trunk
code base. did you already try to run tests with a recent 1.5-snapshot? I'd be
very interested to hear if your queries perform better with the recent changes.

regards
 marcel