jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Scoring algorithm
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:24:14 GMT

flopsi73 wrote:
> //*[@att1='val1' and jcr:contains(jcr:content, 'val2 and (val3 or
> val4')]//*[@att2='val5' and jcr:contains(jcr:content, 'val6 and (val7 or
> val8')]

this is probably not doing what you intend to do. JCR specifies only one
operator in the jcr:contains function: OR (must be upper case!). query terms are
 implicitly ANDed. grouping using parentheses is not specified in JSR 170, but
Jackrabbit supports it.

> how does scoring work on this, especially how are the scores of the simple
> terms combined to the total score? I hope it is easier than i think ;-)

the Jackrabbit implementation uses the Lucene scoring as is. in general only the
jcr:contains() function contributes to the score value.

View raw message