jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Connor, Brett (LNG-TWY)" <Brett.Con...@lexisnexis.co.uk>
Subject RE: Problem with node.checkin() in same transaction node was created
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:03:45 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@gmx.de]
Sent: 22 September 2008 18:22
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with node.checkin() in same transaction node was
created

> Connor, Brett (LNG-TWY) wrote:
> > You need checkin() for the first one, after the save(), without any
> > checkout(). I don't know why you have the error you're getting, your

> > original code snippet looked ok at a quick glance. Perhaps there is
> > some other resource involved in the tx that's causing the problem?
> >
> > WRT root version, if you look at the UUIDs you find that the UUID of

> > the root version is the same as the first version following the
> > successors
>
> That sounds like a serious bug to me.

Go darn it you're right, I am mis-reading my dump - it's not ordered and
I'm the jcr:predecessors property. Muppet.

> > chain. The root version is just a "symbolic link" to the first node,

> > if that makes sense.
>
> I think that's misleading.
>
> For instance, consider a linear version history, such as
>
>    root -> 1 -> 2
>
> You could delete version 1, and the result would be
>
>    root -> 2

Then 2 in effect becomes the first node, so doesn't this still hold? I
haven't tried this, our system doesn't delete versions, but this is how
I'd expect it to work. Am I wrong?

REED ELSEVIER (UK) LIMITED - Registered office - 1-3 STRAND, LONDON WC2N 5JR
Registered in England - Company No. 02746621