jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hybrid schemes with table and blob mapping for OCM?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:39:17 GMT
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 09:46, lujie <lj_ph@126.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The question is, i have a simple java bean named customer with two fields,
> one is id ,the other  is name.
> Using ocm, i can persist the bean into RDBMS, the result is a blob in the
> database table(bundledpersistencemanager.)

> So, can i persist the bean into RDBMS like hibernate does? the result
> should
> be one row in the database table with table column id and name.

No of course, there is no comparison to do between RDBMS and JCR/OCM. The
goal of JCR is not to store content in an classic RDBMS schema. JCR doesn't
specify tables, rows and columns, it is managing nodes and properties. This
is really different and better for a content based application. Futhermore,
the RDBMS model can cause many problems in terms of content management. The
more you are managing content, the less the classical RDBMS model is
interesting.

Jackrabbit is using bundledpersistencemanager internally for mainly
performance & technical reasons but the JCR API is hidden this
implementation detail.

In conclusion, OCM is only a mapping tools for the JCR model (nodes &
properties) , not to for RDBMS (tables & columns).

Christophe