jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Sridhar Raman" <sridhar.ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Inconsistent behaviour of fn:lower-case/fn:upper-case with jcr:like
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:06:29 GMT
Say I have 5 nodes of type tx:Language - Hindi, Hindustani, English,
Haryanvi, Italian.

When I run query 1:
query1 = /jcr:root/CONTENT/LANGUAGES//element(*,
tx:Language)[jcr:like(@tx:name, 'Hi%')]
I get 2 results - Hindi, Hindustani.

But if I run query 2:
query2 = /jcr:root/CONTENT/LANGUAGES//element(*,
tx:Language)[jcr:like(fn:lower-case(@tx:name), 'hi%')]
I get 3 results - Hindi, Hindustani, Haryanvi.

In fact, if I run query 3:
query3 = /jcr:root/CONTENT/LANGUAGES//element(*,
tx:Language)[jcr:like(fn:upper-case(@tx:name), 'HI%')]
I get the same 3 results as for lower-case - Hindi, Hindustani, Haryanvi.

Any idea why this is happening?  Or is this expected behaviour?

Thanks,
Sridhar