jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Warner Onstine <wonst...@vmsinfo.com>
Subject what elements go with which? (repository.xml)
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:08:47 GMT
Sorry for being vague, but I'm unclear on the configuration options I
have for the following setup:
- Clustered in an Oracle db
- Two Jackrabbit instances on two different machines

I assume I need  the following in the repository.xml (for each one
respectively).
        <Cluster id="node[x]">
	  <Journal
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.journal.OracleDatabaseJournal">
	    <param name="revision" value="${rep.home}/revision.log" />
	    <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@myhost:1521:db" />
	    <param name="user" value="user"/>
	    <param name="password" value="pw"/>
	  </Journal>
	</Cluster>

Then I know that I need this in the respective workspace.xml:
               <PersistenceManager
class
="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager">
     		  <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@myhost:1521:db" />
	          <param name="user" value="user"/>
	          <param name="password" value="pw"/>
		  <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
		  <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
		</PersistenceManager>

What I'm not clear on from the docs is this:
- Do I need to replace the FileSystem in the repository.xml (at the
top level) with an OracleFileSystem?
- Do I need to replace the FileSystem in the <Versioning> tag in the
repository.xml with one for the OracleFileSystem
- If I do this do I need to replace this with an appropriate
PersistenceManager (again for Oracle) in the <Versioning> tag
- Do I need to replace the FileSystem in the workspace.xml (at the top
level) with an OracleFileSystem?

Thanks again!

-warner