jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Scott Jones <scottska...@gmail.com>
Subject Model 2 deployment and configuration questions.
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:13:18 GMT

I am looking for guidance on setting up my deployment.

I am looking to set up jackrabbit in several J2EE applications I will be
using the database to store the data but have a few questions about the
repository folder.

When deploying a repository the repository home path appears to be based on
the root directory of the app server, in the case of my current sample,
jboss, it starts the path in the /bin directory, unless I start the path
with a / then it starts at the root directory of the server. This is
manageable on a development server, but on a production system where access
is limited it seems that this will be a challenge. I will be deploying the
application using the model 2 deployment model and deploying as a rar file.
This does not give a obvious place for the repository file, my first
question is where do people put the repository folder in a production
environment (in my case WebSphere)?

Second question: How do you manage he configuration of the repository.xml,
the default build I am looking at for the rar file includes the
repository.xml in the rar. This repository.xml file is pulled into the rar
file by the maven build of the jca module, I am the first to admit I my
maven experience is very limited. The rar file appears to take a parameter
for the location of the repository file. Do typical installations package
the repository file in the rar or separately, if separately where?
If you deploy it in the rar file, do you do a full maven build? Seems a
little awkward if I want to maintain configuration control of my repository
files for several different deployments to have the file I need to update be
buried rather far in the svn tree of the jca build.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

-Scott