jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pkrishna <prabhakar.krishnasw...@ge.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit WebApplication 1.3.4
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:59:14 GMT

I was informed by one of the posts to use JackRabbit WebApplication 1.4 and
hence I re-installed this version of the web application. I wanted to
populate the repository and hence brwsed to the populate.jsp, choose one of
the file types and said populate. I got an exception, snippet of which is
shown below:

root cause

java.net.UnknownHostException: www.google.com

I examined the source code of populate.jsp and found by default it tries to
connect to google and downloads one of the file types. From the exception
above, I assume the servlet is not able to connect to www.google.com. Could
somebody tell me what kind of configuration I have to do on my windows box
(where this servlet is deployed on Tomcat 5.5.23) to allow me to talk to