jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From kenclark <kencl...@snet.net>
Subject jcr:data property of Version copy empty
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 03:08:58 GMT

I have stored an nt:file object, with a jcr:content child node of type
nt:resource and made it versionable.

Now, when I access a Version of the node, I expect the jcr:data property to
have the same data in it as the versioned node did at the time that Version
was created.

I get to the jcr:data this way:

1) I look up the Version node by its uuid.
2) I get the jcr:frozenNode child of the Version -- this is a copy of the
original nt:file
3) I get the jcr:content child node of that.
4) I get the jcr:data property of that.

I successfully do this traversal, but when I read the InputStream for the
jcr:data, I get an empty byte array.

Doing the exact same traversal from the versioned node works fine -- I get
the binary data I expect from jcr:data.  In fact I use the same code for
both, except for the initial part which retrieves the nt:file node (or
version copy of it.)

Now then, I know not all properties get copied on versions, but I checked
the spec and I see in section 6.7.22.9 that for nt:resource, the
onParentVersion setting of the jcr:data property is COPY, thus I believe it
should be present and not empty in the Version copy.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,
ken clark