jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From kenclark <kencl...@snet.net>
Subject Re: Problem with node.checkin() in same transaction node was created
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:40:06 GMT

>From the first link (http://markmail.org/message/2alwjclh6kecpbdn), there is
this statement:

"When you first create a node that is versionable and set properties on it,
you call save on the node. Then the base version of the node has that
property value. "

However, this is not what I see from the root version.  The root version
does have a jcr:frozenNode child, but that child does not have the property
on it that I set on the versioned Node.

After the root version, the property does show up on the frozenNode child.

Also, this conflicts with (if I understand them correctly) what Brett and
Julian are saying about the root version, which is really just a starting
point.

Thus, there really is no "first version" created upon save of the
mix:versionable node, at least if what is meant by first version is the
initial copy of the node.  There has to be a checkin().  Or am I still being
dense?

Thanks,
ken