jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From philipp_s <psalzge...@qpass.com>
Subject re-registering an enumerated property
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:18:21 GMT

Is there a way to change the enumerated values for a property?

e.g. the repository has a property with the following definition:

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;sample:state
'new' mandatory
autocreated < 'new', 'old'

but I need to change the definition to something like that:

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;        sample:state
'new'
mandatory autocreated < 'new', 'old', 'ancient'

when I try to re-register the property I get the following exception:

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeConflictException:
{http://www.sample.com/sample}Sample contains ambiguous definitions for
property named {http://www.sample.com/sample}state

is there a way to get around this issue? Or do I need to recreate the
repository?

thx

Philipp