jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Gamba <holger.bre...@handelshof.de>
Subject Jackrabbit access on Jboss-Portal
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:04:26 GMT

Hi,

I'm searching for a way to access the Jackrabbit-Repository on
JBoss-Portal-Server. In recent coding-examples for the JCR-API and reading
the How-To-Articles on the Jackrabbit-Wiki it seems to get a repository
instance from JNDI like that:

Context ctx = new InitialContext();
Repository repo = (Repository) ctx.lookup("java:/jcr/local");

1) How to access jackrabbit on JBoss-Portal with the JCR API?

2) Do I have to install the RAR and creating the jcr-ds.xml description even
if Jackrabbit comes along with the portal from scratch (deployed as SAR with
a jboss-service.xml)?

3) What is the correct JNDI-Name to access Jackrabbit? Searching the
JNDI-Tree, it seems, that there is no JCR-Source bound.

4) Where to find and configure the workspace.xml and repository.xml which
are described at Jackrabbit home-site.

Currently I want to access the repository with no changes to the
configuration from a session-bean liek this...

@Resource(mappedName="java:jcr/local",
 				type=javax.jcr.Repository.class,

authenticationType=javax.annotation.Resource.AuthenticationType.CONTAINER)
Repository repository;

... resulting in the following exception ....

	at org.jboss.ejb3.JndiUtil.lookup(JndiUtil.java:49)
	at
org.jboss.injection.JndiPropertyInjector.lookup(JndiPropertyInjector.java:87)
	at
org.jboss.injection.JndiPropertyInjector.inject(JndiPropertyInjector.java:112)
	at
org.jboss.injection.JndiPropertyInjector.inject(JndiPropertyInjector.java:107)
	at
org.jboss.injection.JndiPropertyInjector.inject(JndiPropertyInjector.java:65)

I'm using JBoss 2.7.0.B1 with JBoss 4.2.3 and MySQL 5.

Thanks in advance
Gamba