jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From rokham <somebodyik...@gmail.com>
Subject User Management support by Jackrabbit
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 20:59:51 GMT

Hi,

I'm working on a large collaborative project which uses Jackrabbit as its
underlying repository. The system we're trying to develop consists of
various types of users and various types of data. We're trying to develop a
user management service for the system. The general idea is to allow various
access types (read, write, copy...etc) to various groups of users.

We're really hoping to use something that's already written since our
project is fully OPEN-SOURCE. I was wondering whether Jackrabbit offers such
a capability at the moment or whether it's something that we could expect to
see in the near future? If not is there another layer of application that
integrates really well with Jackrabbit that serves such purposes?

Any other suggestions/recommendations are much appreciated.

Rokham