jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From kenclark <kencl...@snet.net>
Subject Client access via JNDI to Jackrabbit Web Application
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 20:34:48 GMT

I deployed the Jackrabbit Web application (jackrabbit-webapp-1.4.war) to
JBoss (4.2.2).  This was the opposite of easy, but its done and as far as I
can tell, it is up.  However, there is no documentation anywhere as to what
URLs might get me to any web pages.  I checked the web.xml file directly and
did not find anything either.  But that is not the main issue for me -- I
really just want to access the Repository via JNDI.

I can't find any direct documentation about how to do this.  Its as if the
web application is not really supported or used by anyone.

I did find some example client code, and tried it out.  When I do, the
context lookup line locks up.

How am I supposed to do this?

Here is the client code I tried to use:

                InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext() ;
// The next line blocks forever.
// Note, I changed the port from 1099 to 6776 in this code, because I
changed the RMI port in
// the bootstrap.properties from 0 to 6776, since the deployment was failing
due to a conflict on 1099
                Repository repo = (Repository)
ctx.lookup("jnp://localhost:6776/jcrServer");
                Credentials cred = new SimpleCredentials("user",new
                Session s = repo.login(cred) ;
                s.getRootNode().addNode("foo") ;
                s.save();

Thanks,