jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From flopsi73 <flo...@flopsi.org>
Subject Where to embed custom Similarity, Scorer, Weight, Query...?
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 18:18:26 GMT

Hi everybody,

hopefully my last question on scoring (sorry for this, but i'm a newbie
concerning lucene)...
Okay, we can surely implement custom classes like Similarities, Scorers,
Weights, Queries. But what is the best practice to embed those into
JackRabbit? Is there a way i can do this seamlessly without diggin too deep
in JackRabbit's sources? Something plugin like? Where is a good starting
point?

I'm used to fire a search like this:
QueryManager qm = ws.getQueryManager();
Query q = qm.createQuery("//element(*, nt:file)[jcr:contains(jcr:content,
'foo')] order by jcr:score() descending", Query.XPATH);
QueryResult result = q.execute();

But i don't see anything to put my custom objects in, neither at runtime in
QueryManager nor in Query nor at design time in any config entry...

Please help! Once more thanks a lot
Flo