jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Krohne, Frank - ENCOWAY" <kro...@encoway.de>
Subject Session Handling in WebApplication
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 05:35:42 GMT
Hi,

we are developing web applications and now want to use jackrabbit as
contend repository.

So the question is, what is the preferred way to handle the jackrabbit
sessions in an web application.

When to open a new session and when to close the session and when to
write (save) contend to it and to be sure other users don't have
modified the nodes another user is modifying at the moment?

Should we open a new session on every request or share a session on the
same http session?

Are the jackrabbit sessions thread safe?

If we bind the sessions to our own users (self implemented user
management) what is the best way to know when to close the jackrabbit
session if the user doesn't log out or has multiple http sessions open?

So we are new to jackrabbit and the docs about are rare to this topic (I
think).

It would be great to get some hints or tips on how to handle jackrabbit
sessions in a web application.

Thanks in advance

Frank