jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Philippe Marschall <philippe.marsch...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit clustering - Magnolia
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 06:47:36 GMT
Narry Sharma wrote:
> Hi, can some one help me understand how clustering works in
> jackrabbit-magnolia context.
> Here is the design we have in place:
>
> We have a magnolia web app deployed on 2 bea servers as seperate instances.
> Each war having their own repositories/workspaces under file system.We use
> Oracle9PersistenceManager for db persistence.
> Via clustering
> 1) Can both of the webapps hook up to the same database(and share the
> tables) or not?
> 2) Can we ensure workspaces for both the webapps are in synch when changes
> are being made.

Since nobody else answered here's my take on this: don't cluster
Jackrabbit. Instead give each webapp its own jackrabbit instance with
its own database. Add both webapps as subscribers to your Magnolia admin
app and use transactional activation. That's IMHO the most simple and
trouble free way.

Cheers
Philippe