jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: versioning checkout timeout
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:24:47 GMT
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Martin Mayr <mamayr@cosy.sbg.ac.at> wrote:
> i want to block multiple users from editing a file stored with JR
> through the checkin(), checkout() and isCheckedOut() methods - so if one
> does a checkout, no one else should be able to get the document until
> it's checked in again
>
> is there a predefined time after which the node looses it's checkedOut
> status? (so it won't keep the status checkedOut for lets say a whole day )

No, the node stays in checkedOut state until the application calls
checkin again.

> because my system 'may' encounter problems, if a user doesn't close the
> session appropiatly and therefore his opened documents stay in
> checkedOut status

You can handle this problem by either checking for the checked out
state in other sessions (before they try to access the node), by
writing some kind of on-client-exit handler that ensures all documents
are checked-in automatically (if that is desired) or some background
thread that looks for nodes that are checked out for a certain period
of time and check them in. Although I would think that the changes
made by a client that did not close the session properly should not be
trusted...

Regards,
Alex

--