jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: server modes/backups
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 19:40:14 GMT
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 9:12 PM, Michael Harris
<michael.e.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> So if I went with all oracle backed PMs and the default derby FS, would I
> have to back up the repo.home dir for disaster recovery?  Or will the
> repository.xml be enough (so it can replace the workspace.xml files, and
> acknowledging that I would lose my lucene indexes)?

Besides the data in the PMs (and the optional lucene indexes), you
will have to backup the namespaces and nodetypes files (under
<repo-home>/repository/namespaces and nodetpyes) - if your application
registers new namespaces and nodetypes -, the repository.xml, all
workspace.xml files and the optional datastore. If you use a
DbFileSystem, the namespaces and nodetypes should be contained within,
so backing up the db data in that case is sufficient.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek