jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Alternatives to workspace.clone()?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:29:28 GMT
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Matthijs Wensveen <m.wensveen@func.nl> wrote:
> Cloning only sub-parts is not an option. The tree that is currently cloned
> is already a sub-part of the entire content tree. Copying might be an
> option. Is it possible to set the UUID of a copied node? I need to be able
> to update the copied subtree when there are updates in the 'prepare'
> workspace. There is no node.setUUID() method, but maybe I can set the
> 'jcr:uuid' property?

No, there is no way to set the UUID. The only way to do that is by
importing sysview or docview xml, where the jcr:uuid attribute is in
the xml, but apart from that I think there is no way, not even a
"hackish" way to do that. Importing a large subtree would give the
same memory issues.

I think the only solutions for you are a) to make more memory
available (if that's possible) or b) reduce the content structure to
be able to do smaller clone operations or c) get rid of the
requirement of having to use uuids and the clone operation but simply
do manual copies where you can copy node by node.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek