jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: server modes/backups
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:44:03 GMT
On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 5:11 PM, Michael Harris
<michael.e.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> some questions: -- it seems that the workspace and versioning configuration
> elements have filesystem and persistencemanager subelements.

Yes, and the SearchIndex (if you want to query the workspace in
question using Xpath or SQL).

> I want the persistencemanager to point to oracle right?  I don't understand
> where the filesystem configuration element fits in.  what is it doing?  If
> the PM points to oracle why is there even a filesystem element?  thanx

The FileSystem element is someting like one level "above" the PM and
provides file-system style access for the index and the pm. The PM
itself could use this file system (but a oracle db pm obviously not).
The typical user for the workspace-level FileSystem is the lucene
search index (not 100% sure, I always used the standard
LocalFileSystem so far).

Regards,
Alex

--