jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: NTD and prefixed names -> sharepoint
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:10:40 GMT
On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Dave Brosius <dbrosius@mebigfatguy.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>   Perhaps i am very confused here, (likely), but if one uses a node type definition file
in jackrabbit, then node names and property names must have namespace prefixes attached to
them, as specified by the ntd.

No, it is no "must", you can have node and property names without
namespace prefixes. So you can always use Property p =
n.getProperty("myprop");

You only need to use a namespace for the node type itself, but not for
the names it specifies.

>   Now if we would like to use the same code, without registering the NTD, using sharepoint,
Sharepoint complains about the use of the ':' as the prefix/name separator.

> So I suppose we need to look at what system we are running, and use
>
> Property p = n.getProperty("myprefix:myprop");
>
> for jackrabbit, and
>
> Property p = n.getProperty("myprop");
>
> for sharepoint.

I am also curious how you get to run the same java code on both
jackrabbit and sharepoint.

Regards,
Alex

--