jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kurz Wolfgang <wolfgang.k...@gwvs.de>
Subject Nullpointer Exception updating a filedata
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:31:33 GMT
Hello everyone,

i am getting this null pointer exception when i am updating a content
node with file data.

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.value.BLOBInTempFile.delete(BLOBInTempFile.ja
va:119)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.value.BLOBInTempFile.discard(BLOBInTempFile.j
ava:129)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.PropertyImpl.internalSetValue(PropertyImpl.ja
va:286)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.PropertyImpl.setValue(PropertyImpl.java:608)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.setProperty(NodeImpl.java:2285)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerNode.setProperty(ServerNode.java:
246)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor728.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)

this is the code I use to write the file data:

if (fileStream != null && fileContentNode != null) {
	Node fileContentNode =
newNode.getNode("jcr:file").getNode("jcr:content");

	fileContentNode.setProperty("jcr:data", fileStream);
}

I don't understand  this because for small files it works "most" of the
time but as soon as I use a bigger file it definitely throws an
exception on the update.

So whatever file I upload it always works on the initial upload but then
when I want to replace the file the exception is thrown.

Can anyone point to where I could have done something worng?

I am using Jackrabbit-api 1.4 and Jackrabbit-core-1.4.5

Thx a lot in advance for any hints you guys might have!