jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: inconstistent index - query result does not match nodes accessed through their path
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:25:55 GMT
Hello,

> Hi
>
> we have diagnosed a strange behavior on using Jackrabbit 1.3.3:
> After adding/modifying a node we get different results
> whether accessing the node directly through its path (correct
> answer) or by using the query engine (node does not exist/old value).
> It seems that the search-index is not always correctly updated.
>
> Does anyone know this problem?
> What do you think, should it help to upgrade to Lucene 2.2.0
> or 2.3.2?
> Is upgrading Lucene possible without any code change?

An issue with searching does not mean directly an issue with lucene.
Lucene is a search library, Jackrabbit has an implementation of this.
Furthermore, jackrabbit is currently not compatible with lucene 2.3.2.
IMHO, always use dependencies that ship with a version of Jackrabbit to
avoid obscure behavior.

Anyway, why not try to upgrade to the latest Jackrabbit release instead
of just updating some (lucene) jar dependency?

-Ard