jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic Nodes
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 08:46:05 GMT

> > Is it possible
> > to run JackRabbit on Oracle to guarantee good perfomance and
> > reliability on 10-100 mio records?

> Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> I've seen jackrabbit work well with about 10 million nodes.
> does anyone else have experience with larger repositories?

IMO the relation between number of nodes and good performance is highly
correlated to *how* you want to access these nodes and *how* the
structure of these X mio nodes are (ie, not > 1000 direct childs per
node). If you want to access nodes by simple getNodes() and 'easy'
queries, I saw numbers of > 100 mio nodes on this list. If, though, you
also want very complex CPU intensive searches (like searches with
initial path constraints or many wildcard queries) you might hit a limit
much earlier.

> regards
>   marcel

View raw message