jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: Query result with offset/limit
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 08:18:57 GMT
Hello,

> Hi, I am very glad with your help, thanks.
> I appreciate your suggestion by anticipation of the user
> grants to do a search more fine tuned.
> I will think about it, my model of security has a structure
> of nodes that contains links to the users and their level of
> permission over the parent of the structure, so I must to do
> a search that retry all the nodes, or at least the beginning
> of the nodes where the user can at least read, and add this
> filter to the expression being searched, maybe.

You could do that, though you have to realize that when combining the
search with path info, you're queries can become quite a bit slower (at
least, when you have to deal with lots of nodes). Then, you could chose
to index path info as well, but this disables the lightweight move
functionality from jackrabbit. There are some trade-offs.

> And about the workaround the "real" offset for that user in
> the search, I think I will do the search for the first page
> with offset=0 and limit=myPageLimit and the others pages with
> offset=o and limit=myPageLimit*pageNumber and filter the
> nodes in early pages by my application. I think this is the
> best I can do at this time about it.

Yes, I think options are currently limited, and IMHO, isn't accounted
for in the specification: the jsr-283 has come up with the limit and
offset, but....what use if you do not have the original hitposition is
an offset.

You might want to bring this up on the dev list if you want,

-Ard