jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: Search question, with jcr:path.
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 08:12:26 GMT

> I was not sure that filtering by @jcr:primaryType it was
> filtering the descendents of it too. I thought that only the
> specific type would be filtered.

For the record, I am not really sure either, it is from the top of my
head, but I do think so (I saw the code some time back, but did not
specifically tried it myself)

> Well, if it works, so, there is not problem anymore, I will
> try this out, thanks.
> Another question, what is the difference between an
> expression search with and without "element" if I do not need
> specify a path?

With element you can filter which nodetypes to be shown.

//* is any node with any path, //element(*,my:nodetype) is any node with
any path of type my:nodetype

-Ard