jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: Search question, with jcr:path.
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 21:09:45 GMT

> I need to search some nodes that are of an specific type, but
> not of specific another type nor its descendent.
>
> something like //(*,y)[@jcr:primaryType != 'x']
>
> So, the @jcr:primaryType!='x' would not resolve because only
> the nodes of type 'x' would be filtered.
> Would this be resolved by an xpath expression, or I will
> filter after by the application?
> I thought in get all the type descendants of x and put in the
> filter, but if another elegant solution exists...

Not sure if I get it all right but shouldn't your query look like:

//element(*,y)[@jcr:primaryType!='x']

Now, all nodes of type y would be selected but not of x or any of x's
descendants (this nodetype is expanded automatically to all descendant
nodetypes during the query)

Not sure if you want this though,

Regards Ard