jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Kotha" <An...@2xprime.com>
Subject Regarding Versioning
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:41:33 GMT
Hi All,

      I have found the following description for versioning in
jackrabbit mail archives.

Here's the relevant documentation from

AbstractVersionManager.calculateCheckinVersionName:

The name is determined as follows:

* first the predecessor version with the shortes name is searched.

* if that predecessor version is the root version, the new version

gets the name "{number of successors}+1" + ".0"

* if that predecessor version has no successor, the last digit of it's

version number is incremented.

* if that predecessor version has successors but the incremented name

does not exist, that name is used.

* otherwise a ".0" is added to the name until a non conflicting name is
found.

Example Graph:

     jcr:rootVersion

      |     |

     1.0   2.0

     1.1

     1.2 ---\  ------\

      |      \        \

     1.3   1.2.0   1.2.0.0

      |      |

     1.4   1.2.1 ----\

      |      |        \

     1.5   1.2.2   1.2.1.0

      |      |        |

     1.6     |     1.2.1.1

      |-----/

     1.7

1)    We are using jackrabbit to save pdf files, and the version format
we use is 1.1,1.2,1.3...

But in some rare cases I getting the version as 1.2.0,1.2.1,... like
this..

2)    What could be the reason for this and how can I restrict it?

Thanks in Advance.

Anilk.