jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Boni Gopalan \(BioImagene\)" <Bon...@bioimagene.com>
Subject Bean to Node and Node to Bean
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:08:21 GMT
Hi I want to store and retrieve Java Beans into Jackabbit w/o using OCM.
Why I do not want to use OCM is because I might not be able to annotate
all the Java Beans that I want to store to my repository.  So if there
is an approach that does not need annotations to the fields I am all
ears for that too.

What I am doing currently is to use the Castor API to convert Java Beans
to XML and then convert the XML to a Node.  This part works pretty well.
The problem is when I want to do the reverse.  I cannot get the right
starting point to convert a javax.jcr.Node to an xml structure.  To me
it feels like conversion of a Node to XML API should be readily
available and for some reason I am not able to get my hands on it.  Do
you know how to do what I am trying to do?

Thanks

Boni