jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Boni Gopalan \(BioImagene\)" <Bon...@bioimagene.com>
Subject RE: Node Type Management Utility for JCR
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 10:50:09 GMT
Hi Sébastien : thank you for the quick but detailed pointer.  Is there an XSD for this XML
document? Or an example?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sébastien Launay [mailto:sebastien.launay@anyware-tech.com]
Sent: 08 August 2008 14:59
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Node Type Management Utility for JCR

Hi Boni,

Jackrabbit offers two ways to register node type definitions XML and CND.

A snippet for registered a custom node types definitions file:
NodeTypeManagerImpl ntManager = (NodeTypeManagerImpl)
session.getWorkspace().getNodeTypeManager();
NodeTypeRegistry registry = ntManager.getNodeTypeRegistry();

NodeTypeDefStore store = new NodeTypeDefStore();
InputStream is =
getClass().getResourceAsStream("/path/to/custom_nodetypes.xml");
try {
  store.load(is);
  registry.registerNodeTypes(store.all());
} finally {
  is.close();
}

You can check the namespace existence associated with the node types
to register the definition once.

Once node types are registered, only trivial changes can be reregisterd
otherwise an exception is thrown.

For more information on how to migrate node types see:
http://markmail.org/message/wkwhotmpg32lu2hb
http://markmail.org/message/nzzirhb4kcfuhxuf
http://markmail.org/message/nz7wow33xvhe5jdg

--