jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Warner Onstine <wonst...@vmsinfo.com>
Subject example of item authorization
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 22:09:41 GMT
Hi all, I'm trying to figure out the best way to implement this.

First, I'll start with our layout. We have several people who will be
uploading files to a WebDAV client powered by Jackrabbit. So, they
each need their own secure "folder". There are two ways to look at this:
1) Each "folder" is a workspace
2) Each "folder" is a sub-folder under one workspace

Option 1) doesn't look as good after reading this (http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel

). This brings us to option 2). Under option 2) I'm trying to figure
out how to authorize someone for a specific folder under the main
workspace. Once I have the item id, I need to determine what kind of
Item it is and what it's real name is (i.e. the folder name). What is
the best way to do this? Does anyone have an example?

Thanks in advance!

-warner