jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jared Graber" <jared.gra...@IACcap.com>
Subject RE: InMemPersistenceManager hogging resources
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 14:15:18 GMT
As it turns out, a bunch of the persistent managers use a boatload of memory during an import.
The InMemPersistenceManager is probably the worst (as expected), but even the Oracle9PersistenceManager
(a bundle persistence manager) uses a few hundred MB.

-Jared

-----Original Message-----
From: stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stefan
Guggisberg
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 5:56 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: InMemPersistenceManager hogging resources

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Jared Graber <jared.graber@iaccap.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that this renders the InMemPersistenceManager unusable except for unit
testing (which is works really well for).

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.3/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persistence/mem/InMemPersistenceManager.html

please note the last sentence (bold) of the class description ;)

cheers
stefan

> None of the properties contain a lot of data - mostly 10 chars or less, in rare cases
(less than 100 nodes) they would break the 50 character mark and even then it's probably maxing
out at around 500 characters.  I'm not sure data compression would really help.

> It looks like there is a great deal of memory overhead with the jackrabbit objects because
there isn't that much actual data.