jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: exception : failed to instantiate shared item state manager....
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:42:48 GMT
Hi,

> don't have separate workspace.xml files.  I just define the workspace in
> repository.xml.  is JR creating workspace.xml anywhere?

Yes, Jackrabbit creates the workspace.xml files. See also:

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html

Workspace configuration
"The Workspace element is used as a template for separate workspace
configuration files created for each new workspace. Because of this
the Workspace element is not interpreted directly from the repository
configuration file. Instead the workspace configuration template is
first copied into the workspace configuration file which is then
interpreted to set up the configured workspace components. Thus
modifying the workspace configuration template in the repository
configuration file will not affect existing workspace configurations."

Regards,
Thomas