jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: server modes/backups
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 19:07:08 GMT
Hi,

> I am talking about a db backed repo -- all content goes in the database.
> was told that even with this configuration, a repo-home dir is still used on
> the file system and must be restored with the db in the event of a crash.

> The search index is in the repo home, but what else?

Nothing else. Jukka wrote about "some relatively static configuration
files", but those are stored in the database when using a database
file system.

What about you try it yourself? Install Jackrabbit, change the
configuration to use DerbyFileSystem everywhere, as in:

Repository level:
    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DerbyFileSystem">
      <param name="url" value="jdbc:derby:${rep.home}/db;create=true"/>
    </FileSystem>

Workspace level:
        <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DerbyFileSystem">
          <param name="url" value="jdbc:derby:${wsp.home}/db;create=true"/>
        </FileSystem>

Versioning level:
        <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DerbyFileSystem">
          <param name="url"
value="jdbc:derby:${rep.home}/version/db;create=true"/>
        </FileSystem>

Regards,
Thomas