jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Datastore + Fault Tolerant + BundleCache settings
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:36:37 GMT
Hi,

> 1)      is it reasonable to rsync the NFS mount to a backup server regularly
> to provide fault tolerance?
> 2)      following on from 1), if we only rsynced the NFS mount every 15 mins
> what would be the impact of data loss within the Data Store?

For real fault tolerance you would need a fault tolerant file system
with the current implementation. The current data store implementation
does not have a replication mechanism, so if you backup data every 15
minutes, the amount of data you can possibly loose is 15 minutes
(sorry to state the obvious).

> 3)      Finally, does JackRabbit still create local cached bin*.tmp files
> when using the DataStore (as it does where BLOBs are in the database)?
> (Hopefully not).

For some situations it still does, however over time those cases will
get less and less. You will possibly get temp files when you are using
RMI or WebDAV, and when you export or import large objects using XML.

Regards,
Thomas