jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: BundleFsPersistenceManager & Transactions.
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 18:45:30 GMT
Hi,

> I read an old post that mentioned that BundleFsPersistenceManager is not
> transactional, is that still the case?

See http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ
specially "Consistency / Atomicy": "The current file based persistence
managers are not always atomic. They do support transactions in
Jackrabbit, the exception is after a crash: When the process is
stopped while a transaction is being written to disk (power failure,
process killed, Runtime.halt() called, VM crash), some data of a
transaction may be committed and some not. Theoretically, some nodes
may be corrupt (depending how and when the system crashed)..."

> possible with BundleFsPersistenceManager?

Yes, but if your system crashes you risk having a corrupt repository.

Regards,
Thomas