jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: is this a valid configuration? somewhat urgent...
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:22:09 GMT
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Michael Harris
<michael.e.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed that is not what I want.  Ok should we go with the default derby fs
> or the local file system....

it depends on your requirements. the default config uses the local file system.

> also, when you say "not being persisted" at what scope do you mean?  i would
> assume with a mem fs that everytime a transientrepo is started the necessary
> stuf (.cnd files, etc) is put in memory....

say you startet a transient repo using the before mentioned config.
you then register custom node types and namespaces.
finally yoy create new nodes using your new node types & namespaces.
everything's fine so far.

if you restart your repo, the custom node types and namespaces are gone
and your repository content is corrupted since it references non-existing
node types and namespaces...

cheers
stefan