jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: question on jaas config
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:05:19 GMT
On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Warner Onstine <wonstine@vmsinfo.com> wrote:
> Ok, I've been looking at this scratching my head trying to figure out what
> I'm missing. I can see where I configure my custom LoginModule. But from
> what I've been reading I need to also configure what CallbackHandlers I want
> to use (for my user/password login info). I can't see where this happens in
> the config.
>
> Another question that I've been trying to figure out is this
> <AccessManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleAccessManager">
>            <!-- <param name="config" value="${rep.home}/access.xml"/> -->
>        </AccessManager>
>
> I can't find an example of access.xml anywhere or any other references to
> this.

that's just a dummy parameter that demonstrates how you can pass
information to your custom login module.

btw: jackrabbit uses plain JAAS for user authentication. all you have to do
is implementing your custom LoginModule.

see e.g. http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jaas/JAASLMDevGuide.html

you might also take a look at jackrabbit's SimpleLoginModule. there
are a couple of
comments hinting where to add your custom code.

cheers
stefan