jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: DB Backed Repository question
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 15:52:36 GMT
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Michael Harris
<michael.e.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
>> jr creates the tables only once: on startup it checks whether the req.
>> tables exist
>> and creates them if not.
>>
>> while you could create the tables using a sql script i wouldn't recommend
>> it.
>> the table names are made up dynamically using a custom prefix and some
>> esacaping if necessary. why would you want to create the tables, indices
>> etc
>> yourself?
>>

> Stefan
> Its just a process thing.  So the jackrabbit needs to connect with root
> level access to the database.  In this organization it is difficult to allow
> the application to use a  user who can create and delete tables at will.  so
> i can get around it for a deployment effort but not as a general thing.  If
> it only every needs to create the tables once, and will never need to again,
> we are ok.  Is there some way to have JR spit out .sql file of what it does?

no, jackrabbit doesn't do that right now. however, it would be trivial
to tweak
the PM to log the executed DDL statements.

there might be also a way to achieve this on the jdbc driver level by using
some sort of jdbc logger or similar. maybe your jdbc driver already supports
something like this.

cheers
stefan