jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Harris" <michael.e.har...@gmail.com>
Subject is this a valid configuration? somewhat urgent...
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:16:32 GMT
I was wondering if this is a valid configuration

<Repository>
    <!--FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.mem.MemoryFileSystem"/-->
    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.mem.MemoryFileSystem">
    </FileSystem>
    <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
        <AccessManager
            class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleAccessManager"
            />
        <LoginModule
            class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleLoginModule" />
    </Security>
    <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces"
        defaultWorkspace="default" />
    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
        <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.mem.MemoryFileSystem">
        </FileSystem>
        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager">
            <param name="url" value="@oracle.jdbc.url@"/>
            <param name="user" value="@oracle.jdbc.username@"/>
            <param name="password" value="@oracle.jdbc.password@"/>
            <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
            <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
        </PersistenceManager>
    </Workspace>
    <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/versions">
        <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.mem.MemoryFileSystem">
        </FileSystem>
        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager">
            <param name="url" value="@oracle.jdbc.url@"/>
            <param name="user" value="@oracle.jdbc.username@"/>
            <param name="password" value="@oracle.jdbc.password@"/>
            <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
        </PersistenceManager>
    </Versioning>
</Repository>

we are seeing some extremely wierd behavior.  Basically DAO tests will run
fine for an hour or two and then all of a sudden they stop working.  There
cause is unknown,
but we know for sure that it is not a connectivity issue (no cannot connect
errors) and it is unlikely that it is a db issue (other apps are using the
db just fine).  There are no exceptions being thrown -- the dao will create
a node and then the test looks for it an it isnt there.  The only way I can
recover is to drop all the tables JR created -- then the tests will work
fine for a few hours and just start failing again.

The only thing
i can think of is a configuration issue.

So as you can see running the filesystems in memory and using oracle based
persistence managers.  The @value@ tokens get replaced in a build so there
are actual values there for the copy on the classpath.
There is a custom node definition in a cnd file.

--
Michael Harris