jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Harris" <michael.e.har...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question on jaas config
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:52:05 GMT
For our app we wanted each session associated with a user.  Our application
does not use JAAS; our authentication is handled at the organization level.
I got around it by extending the JcrSessionFactory (using spring  modules)
to associate the User information (we have a lightweight User object with id
and role on a threadlocal) and just putting the user name on the simple
credentials instance that is used to generate the JR session.

Would the "correct" way have been to use JAAS regardless of the fact that
our authentication is handled by a custom system, or is the solution
described above acceptable?

--
Michael Harris