jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Harris" <michael.e.har...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit Security
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:17:46 GMT
Ok

So do we need to  use JAAS security with Jackrabbit?  We need to have the
locking/checkout functionality work in the context of the actual user who
performed the operation.  For prototyping purposes we were using the
SimpleCredentials with a user "bogus".  How do we make the leap to have each
session associated with the User?

This organization has a security mechanism in place that we must use.  We
have a lightweight user object with a username and the user's role.  Do I
need to build some sort of bridge between our system and JAAS?  Right now we
are using

org.springmodules.jcr.JcrSessionFactory

to generate session -- one of its configurations in Credentials.  Do I need
to wire in a custom  factory for Credentials?

I just need to be pointed in the right direction.  thanx.

--
Michael Harris