jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Harris" <michael.e.har...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server modes/backups
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:49:57 GMT
Is using the memory filesystem recommended?  It seems that if all the
configurations JR needs can be kept in memory, they must be creatable at
runtime from the repo.xml.

The basic thing is this -- if all PMs are db backed, in the case of disk
failure we should be able to get a repo back up and running, and be able to
restore our repo content. (assuming the db is backed up).  all of our base
configs (repo.xml, and any namespace/nodetype files) will be kept and source
control and are available to the application.   It seems the  stuff saved in
the FM is arranged at runtime.

--
Michael Harris